31. C. Petchakup, H.M. Tay, W.H. Yeap, R. Dalan, S.C. Wong, K.H.H. Li* and H.W. Hou*, Label-free leukocyte sorting and impedance-based profiling for diabetes testing, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 118: p.195-203, 2018.
30. H.M. Tay, R. Dalan, K.H.H. Li, B.O. Boehm* and H.W. Hou*, An integrated microdevice for neutrophil functional phenotyping in diabetes testing, Small, 14(6): 1702832, 2018.
- Frontispiece for Small (Volume 14, Issue 6)
29. N.V. Menon, H.M. Tay, K.T. Pang, R. Dalan, S.C. Wong, X.M. Wang, K.H.H. Li and H.W. Hou*, A tunable microfluidic 3D stenosis model to study leukocyte-endothelial interactions in atherosclerosis, APL Bioengineering, 2(1): 016103, 2018.
- Press articles
28. C.H. Lim, M. Puthia, M. Butrym, H.M. Tay, M.Z.Y. Lee, H.W. Hou and A. Schmidtchen, Thrombin-derived host defence peptide modulates neutrophil rolling and migration in vitro and functional response in vivo. Scientific Reports, 7, 2017.
27. N.V. Menon, H.M. Tay, S.N. Wee, K.H.H. Li and H.W. Hou*, Micro-engineered perfusable 3D vasculature for cardiovascular diseases. Lab on a Chip, 17(17): p. 2960-2968, 2017.
26. H.M. Tay, S. Kharel, R. Dalan, Z.J. Chen, K.K. Tan, B.O. Boehm, S.C.J. Loo and H.W. Hou*, Rapid purification of sub-micrometer particles for enhanced drug release and microvesicles isolation. NPG Asia Materials, 9: e434, 2017.
25. H.W. Hou, H.M. Tay, R. Dalan and B.O. Boehm, Advances in neutrophil testing in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Current Research in Diabetes & Obesity Journal, 1(5): p.555572, 2017.
24. X.Liu, X. Huang, Y. Jiang, H. Xu, J. Guo, H.W. Hou, M. Yan, H. Yu, A microfluidics cytometer for complete blood count with a 3.2 megapixel, 1.1-um-pitch super resolution image sensor in 65-nm BSI CMOS. IEEE Trans. Biomed. Circuits and Systems, 11(4): 794-803, 2017.
23. C.Petchakup, K.H.H. Li*, and H.W. Hou*, Advances in single cell impedance cytometry for biomedical applications. Micromachines, 8(3): p. 87, 2017.
22. Y.L. Fan, H.W. Hou, H.M. Tay, W.M. Guo, P.O. Berggren, S.C.J. Loo, Preservation of anti-cancer and immunosuppressive properties of rapamycin achieved through controlled releasing particles. AAPS PharmSciTech, 18(7): p. 2648-2657, 2017.
21. S.M. Davidson, O. Jonas, M.A. Keibler, H.W. Hou, A. Luengo, J.R. Mayers, J. Wyckoff, A.D. Rosario, M. Whitman, C.R. Chin, K.J. Condon, A. Lammers, K.A. Kellersberger, B.J. Stall, G. Stephanopoulos, D. Bar-Sagi, J. Han, J.D. Rabinowitz, M. Cima, R. Langer and M.G. Vander Heiden, Direct evidence for cancer cell-autonomous extracellular protein catabolism in pancreatic tumors. Nature Medicine, 23, 235-241, 2017.
20. H.W. Hou, C. Petchakup, H.M. Tay, Z.Y. Tam, R. Dalan, D.E.K. Chew, K.H.H. Li and B.O. Boehm, Rapid and label-free microfluidic neutrophil purification and phenotyping in diabetes mellitus. Scientific Reports, 6, 2016.
- Press articles
19. J.L. Prieto, H.W. Su, H.W. Hou, M.P. Vera, B.D. Levy, R.M. Baron, J. Han and J. Voldman, Monitoring sepsis using electrical profiling. Lab on a Chip, 2016. 16(22): p. 4333-4340, 2016.
18. A.Sarkar, H.W. Hou, E. Mahan, J. Han and G. Alter, Multiplexed affinity-based separation of proteins and cells using inertial microfluidics. Scientific Reports, 6, 2016.
17. H.M. Tay, D. Yeo, C. Wiraja, C.J. Xu and H.W. Hou*, Microfluidic buffer exchange for interference-free micro/nanoparticle cell engineering. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 113: e54327, 2016.
16. H.W. Hou, L. Wu, D.P. Amador-Munoz, M.P. Vera, A. Coronata, J.A. Englert, B.D. Levy, R.M. Baron and J. Han, Broad spectrum immunomodulation using biomimetic blood cell margination for sepsis therapy. Lab on a Chip,16(4): p. 688-699, 2016.
15. D.Yeo, C. Wiraja, Y.Y. Zhou, H.M. Tay, C.J. Xu* and H.W. Hou*, Interference-free micro/nano-particle cell engineering using high-throughput microfluidic separation. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 7(37): p. 20855-20864, 2015.
14. H.W. Hou, R.P. Bhattacharyya, D.T. Hung and J. Han, Direct detection and drug-resistance profiling of bacteremias using inertial microfluidics. Lab on a Chip, 15(10): p. 2297-2307, 2015.
- Press articles
- Repurposed Microfluidic CTC purification Tech Enables Blood-based Antibiotic Resistance Test by Genomeweb
13. S.Huang, H.W. Hou, T. Kanias, J.T. Sertorio, H. Chen, D. Sinchar, M.T. Gladwin and J. Han, Towards microfluidic-based depletion of stiff and fragile human red cells that accumulate during blood storage. Lab on a Chip, 15(2): p. 448-458, 2015.
12. C.M. Birch, H.W. Hou, J. Han, J.C. Niles, I-SELEX: Efficient aptamer selection using inertial microfluidics. Scientific Reports, 5, 2015.
11. T.F. Kong, W. Ye, W.K. Peng, H.W. Hou, Marcos, P.R. Preiser, N.T. Nguyen, J. Han, Enhancing malaria diagnosis through microfluidic cell enrichment and magnetic resonance relaxometry detection.Scientific Reports, 5, 2015.
2009- 2014 (Prior NTU)
10. H.W. Hou, M.E. Warkiani, B.L. Khoo, Z.R. Li, R.A. Soo, D.S.W. Tan, W.T. Lim, J. Han, A.A.S. Bhagat and C.T. Lim, Isolation and retrieval of circulating tumor cells using centrifugal forces. Scientific Reports, 3, 2013.
- Press articles
9. L.Wu, G.F. Guan, H.W. Hou, A.A.S. Bhagat, and J. Han, Separation of leukocytes from blood using spiral channel with trapezoid cross-section. Analytical Chemistry, 84, 9324-9331, 2012.
8. H.W. Hou, H.Y. Gan, A.A.S. Bhagat, L.D. Li, C.T. Lim, and J. Han, A microfluidics approach towards high-throughput pathogen removal from blood using margination. Biomicrofluidics, 6(2):p. 024115-024128, 2012.
- Press articles
7. H.W. Hou, W.C. Lee, M.C. Leong, S. Sonam, S.R.K. Vedula, and C.T. Lim, Microfluidics for applications in cell mechanics and mechanobiology. Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 4(4): p. 591-602, 2011.
6. H.W. Hou, A.A.S. Bhagat, W.C. Lee, S. Huang, J. Han and C. T. Lim, Microfluidic devices for blood fractionation, Micromachines, 2(3): p. 319-343, 2011.
5. P.K. Ang, A. Li, M. Jaiswal, Y. Wang, H.W. Hou, J.T.L. Thong, C.T. Lim, and K.P. Loh, Flow Sensing of Single Cell by Graphene Transistor in a Microfluidic Channel. Nano Letters, 11(12):p. 5240–5246, 2011.
4. A.A.S. Bhagat, H.W. Hou, L.D. Li, C.T. Lim, and J. Han, Pinched flow coupled shear-modulated inertial microfluidics for high-throughput rare blood cell separation. Lab on a Chip, 11(11): p. 1870-1878, 2011.
3. A.A.S. Bhagat, H. Bow, H.W. Hou, S.J. Tan, C.T. Lim and J. Han, Microfluidics for cell separation. Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, 2010. 48(10): p. 999-1014, 2010.
- Highly Cited Paper- Top 1% in Engineering (Web of Science)
2. H.W. Hou, A.A.S. Bhagat, A.G.L. Chong, P. Mao, K.S.W. Tan, J. Han and C. T. Lim, Deformability based cell margination – A simple microfluidic design for malaria infected erythrocyte separation. Lab on a Chip, 10(19): p. 2605-2613, 2010.
1. H.W. Hou, Q.S. Li, G.Y.H. Lee, A.P. Kumar, C.N. Ong, and C.T. Lim, Deformability study of breast cancer cells using microfluidics. Biomedical Microdevices, 11(3): 557-564, 2009.